Therapeutic diets Table 1a and Table 1b are prescribed for gastric and duodenal ulcers, as well as for gastritis. These Pevzner’s diet tables are prescribed to protect the mucous membrane of the affected digestive system from all kinds of irritants. The menu of treatment modes Table 1a and 1b not only limits the patient in the consumption of harmful products, but also speeds up the healing process of ulcers and gastritis.
How do Table 1a and Table 1b diets differ? The first regimen of therapeutic diet is prescribed in case of exacerbations of gastric and duodenal ulcers, sometimes in periods of acute attacks of gastritis, and the second – in periods of quiet exacerbations, as well as to restore the digestive organs. Their menus differ slightly, but let’s consider both options.
When is the diet of table 1a and 1b?
Diet Table 1a is shown during bed rest during the first days of acute exacerbation of gastric or duodenal ulcer. The regime completely limits the patient in the use of products that have chemical, mechanical and thermal irritation of the affected organs for the rapid healing of ulcers. The principle of operation of the treatment table ¹1a by Pevzner: caloric value of the daily menu is reduced from the normal 2800 Kcal to 1800-2000 Kcal by reducing the amount of consumed carbohydrates – up to 200 g. The amount of proteins and fats in the patient’s diet also decreases – up to 90 g in both cases. Important: salt intake for gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcer should be reduced as much as possible, or even completely excluded from the menu.
Table 1b is recommended during the fading of an ulcer attack, or in case of gastritis after Pevzner’s diet #1a. Therapeutic diet 1b also limits the ingress of stimuli into the stomach and intestines, contributing to the restoration of normal operation of the affected organs. The energy value of the daily menu on Table 1b diet is 2400-2600 Kcal, cutting only the amount of consumed carbohydrates – up to 350 g. The amount of incoming proteins and fats should not be less than 90-95 g per day.
Diet 1a and 1b for stomach ulcer
In case of gastric or duodenal ulcer, therapeutic diet number 1a provides for a strict diet for up to two weeks. Seizures of acute and chronic gastritis diet Table 1a should be treated from two days to one week. In these diseases, food should be served warm, in the form of porridge or puree. Doctors advise with gastritis, stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers divide meals into small portions of six times a day.
Recommended foods for diets 1a and 1b:
Removes even age-related fat without chemistry, liposuction, diet or exercise.
- For the first time with gastritis, stomach and duodenal ulcer make boiled mucous soups on oats, rice, pearl groats;
- Of cereals, manna, buckwheat and rice are suitable for patients;
- Beets, potatoes and carrots may be eaten only as mashed potatoes;
- The list of permitted meat products at diet 1a and 1b includes nonfat types of meat, such as chicken, turkey, rabbit, beef or veal, cooked and twice minced through a meat grinder;
- Steamed milk, butter, cream, souffle curd is allowed;
- Eggs can be cooked as steamed omelette, softened;
- The treatment menu of diet 1a and 1b includes sweet berries and fruits, but they can be eaten in the form of jelly and kissels;
- Sick can drink tea, infusion of rosehips, broth of wheat bran, water-diluted juices.
Excluded products at diet 1a and 1b:
- As with the active phase of gastritis and gastric and duodenal ulcers, as well as with lull, all bakery and pasta products are excluded from the patient’s menu;
- First dishes should not be cooked from boiled broths on meat, mushrooms, and fish;
- Fresh vegetables are completely excluded from the diet 1a and 1b;
- It is also prohibited to cook dishes from fat and wiry types of meat;
- All kinds of cheeses, fresh curd and sour cream must also be excluded from the menu;
- All raw and sour fruits are forbidden to eat;
- Patients will have to forget about carbonated drinks, coffee, kvass, and cocoa for a while.
- Important: the recommendations regarding the use of kefir in diet 1a and 1b are different. Treatment Table 1a prohibits kefir for patients with gastric and intestinal ulcers, while Table 1b on the contrary recommends kefir in remission of peptic ulcers and gastritis.